Concert Hall of Sts. Simon & Jude
U Milosrdných, Praha 1 – Staré Město
The Church of St. Simon and Jude in Prague is one of the consecrated and is now used as a concert hall, its history is very interesting. It is a Baroque single-nave building, which was built in the years 1615–1620 on the site of an old Gothic chapel, of which only the northern side nave has been preserved. The church was part of the Hospital of the Merciful Brothers. In the years 1720–1721, the facades underwent high Baroque alterations. The main altar comes from the fresco painter Hager from 1773. A painting by V. V. Reiner is hung on it. The side altars come from J. R. Byss and J. Štern. The sensitive reconstruction helped to create a professional background for the historic premises, including underfloor heating, which allows year-round operation. The evening cash desk is located in the foyer (entrance from Dušní street).